We understand choosing the right school for your child is one of the most important decisions you will make.
Preparations for the allocation of placements begin on 1 March in the year preceding entry to the School.
Scholarships are offered under the following categories: Academic, General Excellence, Music and Sport.
Scholarship applications are now OPEN for the 2024 school year. Applications close on Friday, 10 February 2023.
Each year, Lindisfarne offers a limited number of Academic, General Excellence, Music and Sport scholarships to students who meet the eligibility requirements.
Students eligible to apply for scholarships for the 2024 school year will be commencing in one of the following; Years 5, 7, 9 or 11. All students will be required to sit an academic test.
- Academic – Based on a high level of academic merit.
- General Excellence – For students who demonstrate strength in a range of areas as listed below.
- Music – High level of music capacity is required combined with satisfactory academics.
- Sport – For students who are competing in at least one sport at state level or above combined with satisfactory academics.
To make an application for a Lindisfarne Scholarship, please download the Scholarship Information Booklet 2024 from the link below.
Lindisfarne also offers support for Indigenous students. Further information in this area can be obtained from the Registrar.
Academic Scholarships are available for all students entering Years 5, 7, 9 and 11 in the scholarship year, inclusive of students new to Lindisfarne and currently enrolled students.
General Excellence, Music and Sport Scholarships are available for all students entering Years 7, 9 and 11, inclusive of students new to Lindisfarne and currently enrolled students.
Scholarships are offered for the duration of the students’ education at Lindisfarne, subject to a satisfactory annual review. This review is conducted for all scholarship recipients.
Scholarships amounts can vary, with up to 75% off the tuition component of the school fee account. This is at the discretion of the Principal, supported by a panel review.
- Academic Scholarships: Students are required to undertake the independent academic examination (EduTest). A high level of academic ability is required.
- General Excellence Scholarships: Students are required to take the independent academic examination (EduTest) and submit evidence of their areas of strength via a portfolio outlining a high level in at least three of the following interest areas:
- Academic Achievement
- Community Involvement
- Creative Arts
- Sport — representative or state level
- Other, supporting documentation required.
- Sport Scholarships: Students are required to take the independent academic examination (EduTest) combined with submission of portfolio evidence of sporting achievement. Please note that students who receive a sports scholarship do not gain automatic entry to the Lindisfarne Sports Academy. For more information on entry to the Sports Academy please visit the Lindisfarne Sports Academy section.
- Music Scholarships: Students are required to undertake the independent academic examination (EduTest) to a satisfactory level. Students will need to provide evidence of their current level of music ability and may be invited by the Director of Performing Arts for an audition.
Opportunities for study tour groups, short-term enrolments and long-term enrolments are available for international students of all ages.
Lindisfarne offers opportunities for international students of all ages to visit the beautiful Northern Rivers of New South Wales which is just 20 minutes from the Gold Coast International Airport.
The School is ideally situated in one of Australia’s most serene areas surrounded by untouched rainforests, mountains, pristine beaches and rivers, and only a 45-minute drive from Surfers Paradise and the Gold Coast theme parks.
Lindisfarne caters to study tour groups, short-term enrolments and long-term enrolments.
Lindisfarne International provides specialised programs for groups wanting to be immersed in our friendly, academic and exciting school community. Study tour groups can attend either our Junior School (Preschool to Year 4) or the Middle and Senior School (Years 5 to 12) from just one day up to seven weeks.
- Class immersion with similarly aged school buddies.
- Excursions to local sights and attractions.
- ESL lesson with our own specialised ESL teacher.
- STEM classes with our Lindisfarne staff.
- Australiana sports, cooking, singing.
- Indigenous dancing and artwork.
We work extensively with the visiting agent to provide a high-quality program that is rewarding, engaging and memorable for all study tour groups who attend Lindisfarne.
- Students from Kindergarten to Year 12 can apply.
- Enrolment can occur anytime during the school term (depending on availability) with stays ranging from 4 to 10 weeks.
- Tourist visa required.
- Primary-aged students must have their parents staying with them in Australia throughout their enrolment at Lindisfarne.
- Students 12 years and older can be placed into homestay accommodation with a school or local family looking after them throughout their stay.
- This option is available for students from ages 10 to 17 years.
- Enrolments can be for one semester, up to six years (depending on availability).
- Student visa required.
- Senior students can undertake the Higher School Certificate examinations in Year 12.
For more information, please read our International Parent and Student Guide or contact the Lindisfarne International team.
For applications, please download our International Application Form.
- INTN001 Complaints and Appeals Policy
- INTN002 Accommodation and Welfare Policy
- INTN003 Progress, Attendance and Course Duration Policy
- INTN004 Overseas Student Transfer Request Policy
- INTN005 International Refund Policy
- INTN006 Deferment, Suspension or Cancellation Policy
- INTN007 Entry Requirements Policy
Lindisfarne offers opportunities for potential families to visit both our Mahers Lane campus (Years 5 to 12) and our Sunshine Avenue campus (Years P to 4).
Tours are offered every term for the latest dates and to book in please select below.
The staff and students of Lindisfarne Anglican Grammar School acknowledge the Traditional Custodians of the land on which our school is situated. We acknowledge the Minjungbal people of the Bundjalung Nation and pay our respects to Elders past and present. We extend that respect to all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples who visit our school.
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the safety, welfare and wellbeing of children and young people and expects all staff, volunteers and visitors to share this commitment.